Thursday, November 4, 2010

Nov 4 - Art Thou Greater Than He?

Today I am tired.  So very tired on so very many levels.  Today I am thankful for my new book, "5 Scriptures That Will Help You Get Through Almost Anything" by John Bytheway.  I am thankful for the perspective and the scriptures that help me. 

One thought from the book that I especially like today is a quote from Elder Neal A. Maxwell:
How can you and I really expect to glide naively through life, as if to say, "Lord, give me experience, but not grief, not sorrow, not pain, not opposition, not betrayal, and certainly not to be forsaken. Keep from me, Lord, all those experiences which made Thee what Thou art! Then, let me come and dwell with Thee and fully share Thy joy!"

Christ has suffered more than us all, and has overcome.  Through His miraculous atonement we can overcome not only our sins, but our griefs, sorrows, pains, oppositions, and betrayls. 


"The Son of Man has descended below them all.  Art thou greater than He?" (D&C 122:8)

 Through it all just Keep Breathing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

REFOCUS -– Finding Joy in times of trial and suffering through changing our FOCUS.

  (From a talk I was asked to give in my local congregation of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints on Nov. 26, 2023.) My life, I...