Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A season of Thanks

With Thanksgiving approaching many people begin to reflect on the blessings of the past year. This is my attempt to focus on the many blessings that I have been given. I want to post each day this month and explore at least one new blessing each day. I'm a few days behind, so this post will have to be a catch- up =).

November 1 - Monday
I am so very grateful for Becky Grover. She is absolutely amazing. She is a wonderful wife, mother, friend, and best of all for me - counselor. She fulfills her calling and goes above and beyond what is expected. She is much more patient than I am, and I would be lost in my calling without her. Today Becky gave me the blessing of truly sustaining me.

Novemeber 2 - Tuesday

Today was the Pinewood Derby. I am so thankful for leaders who love the boys and take care of their responsibilities. I'm thankful for Cub Scouting, that gives boys a place to have fun and learn and be boys. I am thankful for the mom who did an emergency paint job on her son's car and rushed it to the church when he had forgotten it. I am thankful for the Boy Scout who lent his car to this boy so he could have something to race until his mom got there.

I am also thankful for my husband, for priesthood blessings, for a morning of quiet reflection and alone time, for clearance racks and $10 off coupons, for random strangers who jump start my car, for my Daddy who I can call anytime about anything, for LDS bookstores and their owners, for Activity Day leaders who LOVE what they do, for sons who begin and end my day with pure joy and laughter.

November 3 - Wednesday
I may add to this later, but so far this morning I am grateful for Rabbit Flowers. I found this flower/weed on my walk this morning. This is a flower that I have loved since I was a young girl. The little purple flowers remind me of rabbit faces and ears. Right across the ally from where the rabbit flowers grew when I was a girl, was the patch of blue forget-me-nots and lily of the valley. This was my special place where I would gather flowers and then draw into my own private world where no one could hurt me and feel the love Jesus had for me. I could smell the flowers and pet the "rabbit ears" and feel that He had created these just to remind me that He was always there for me.

Finding one today, in November, after the frost was my little miracle. Jesus' way of reminding that that He is always there for me, even now. I was able to draw back into that private world and feel safe again.

I am grateful for rabbit flowers, for walks, for a husband who rescued me from my walk when my joints could go no further, and most of all for a loving Heavenly Father and Savior who watch over me and provide rabbit flowers along my path throughout my life.  I'm grateful to just Keep Breathing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

REFOCUS -– Finding Joy in times of trial and suffering through changing our FOCUS.

  (From a talk I was asked to give in my local congregation of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints on Nov. 26, 2023.) My life, I...